Software Engineer | Stride Consulting
Apply concepts to a NEW dataset , and watch and practice the concepts.
Have a solid grasp of the capabilities of the pandas library.
Perform various data manipulations - sorting, joining, cleaning, aggregating, deduping, and more.
Lesson 1. Foundations of pandas:
- Discover the 1-dimensional Series and the 2-dimensional DataFrame, the two core data structures in pandas.
- Learn how to sort values across one or more columns, identify missing values, remove duplicates, count occurrences of values, filter rows based on one or more criteria, and more.
- At the end of this lesson, you'll have knowledge of the most popular features of pandas.
Lesson 2. Working with Data of Different Types
- Data can come in a variety of formats (and be messy to boot)! In this lesson, we'll explore how to convert columns from one data type to another.
- We'll optimize our dataset to reduce memory consumption.
- We'll discover how to clean messy text data and how to extract date-time information from text.
- Finally, we'll have a chance to review all concepts from the previous lesson with new datasets.
Lesson 3. Working with Text Data
- Real-world text data can be riddled with issues -- whitespace, letter casings, inconsistent formats, and more.
- In this lesson, we'll learn how to to clean text data in pandas.
- We'll apply text operations like splitting, replacing, and joining to whole columns of data.
- We'll conclude with a quick discussion on regular expressions, which allow us to define search patterns for text.
Lesson 4. Aggregating and Joining Datasets
- In this section, we'll learn how to merge data across multiple datasets.
- We'll explore the pandas equivalent of common SQL operations like inner joins, outer joins, left joins, and right joins.
- We'll also introduce the GroupBy object for grouping rows by shared values across one or more columns.
- Finally, we'll walk through common aggregation operations like pivoting, melting, stacking, unstacking, and more.
Basic/intermediate experience with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
Basic experience with Python programming language
Access to live training and QA session with the Instructor
Access to the on-demand recording
Certificate of completion